07 April 2005

The Best Present Ever

Flick bought me a unicycle the other day, which is possibly one of the coolest surprise presents I have ever received. I'm determined to master it, but as yet I haven't even been able to get onto it... The trouble is I'm not even sure where to start - I took it down the park for a bit of a practice the other weekend, and even the grannies were laughing at me.

Still, I'm not going to let a little thing like public humiliation get in the way of progress - this beast will be tamed, even if I have to break every bone in my body doing it. So if anyone has any tips on how to get started in the art of unicycling, I'd be glad to hear them...


A unicyle, yesterday.

5 comments:

Phoenix said...

Ask your students! All of my students can ride unicycles.

I can't remember why that came up in class...

the englishman said...

are stabilisers available?....wait a minute, that defeats the whole point somewhat

Lewis said...

Handlebars and a second wheel would be handy additions too (sigh).

Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Guy Jean said...

Start parallel to a wall or rail. I never mastered it, but my daughter did. Be sure to post a pic when you make it! Hey, you learned English, right! Unicycle is a doddle compared to that....