22 February 2005

The snowboarding bug

It's official: I've got the snowboarding bug. I've suddenly realised that I now refer to winter as "the snowboarding season", and spring as "the end of the snowboarding season". It won't be long before everything I say will be "powder" this, "wipeout" that - it's an addiction I tells yah.

I thought that last week might even be the beginning of "the end of the snowboarding season", but over the past couple of days we've had loads of snow, so I plan to "rip up" the slopes again this weekend. I'm even thinking of going night boarding after school, which is very unlike me. Usually I spend my evenings drinking tea and eating chocolate biscuits.

Anyway, I'm definitely converted. I went to Ski Jam on Sunday with Flick, Sam, Sam, Laura and Tilly, and even though the conditions were terrible (dense fog mixed with ice), I still had a great time. Currently I'm learning to master the art of throwing snowballs whilst boarding, which I think is an important skill to learn, especially with a certain Mr Sam Baldwin about.

Is this the end of "tea and biscuits" Lewis? Posted by Hello

The sun sets on another day at Ski Jam.

1 comment:

The Funky Drummer said...

I'm gonna rip up the slopes tonight. I expect I'll be busting out some sick tail presses on the rails.

The season ain't over yet.

Stay Rad.