08 February 2005

The Great Escape (or Dig For Victory)

Last week an unbelievable amount of snow fell on Asahi. I'm used to having just a couple of inches of snow in England, which quickly turns to slush by mid-afternoon. Not so here - the snow was about a metre deep at one point. Cats and dogs were being swallowed whole by the ravenous snows. Short people were quaking in fear, lest the snows rise higher.

Anyway, as a consequence I had my first experience of being "snowed in". My car was totally covered in snow, and the snow ploughs didn't bother to plough my road. I can understand why though, seeing as I'm the only person who actually uses the road. Still, it meant that I was going to have to do a lot of digging by myself...

So on Friday, after three days of being a virtual hermit, I decided the time had come to dig my way to freedom - here's my story.

No comments: