02 February 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

There's been an unbelieveable amount of snow over the past couple of days - it's about a metre deep now, and the snow's still falling. I'm not complaining though - everything looks so much better when there's snow on the ground. It may be cold, but at least it's interesting.

On the down side, it does make getting around a little difficult - I'm still putting off digging my car out (see photo below). I was going to go to the cinema with Flick last night, but there was absolutely no way I was going to get my car out in time, so I had to cancel. I ended up having to play Chaos Legion on the PS2 all night. So it wasn't all bad.

I had a bit of an adventure on the way to school yesterday - as I was walking up the hill I saw a car that was stuck in the snow. It was a big old Toyota people carrier, and it had skidded across the road and got stuck in a snowdrift. I offered to help, and tried giving it a push - but no joy. The guy driving didn't have a shovel, so I ran back to my house to get mine, then proceeded to dig him out. Once he was free, he offered to give me a lift up to the school, so I accepted. Then he got stuck again at the top of the hill. At this point we were right next to the school. But instead of letting me out (along with the two students he was driving), we reversed all the way back down the hill. All the way down the two students in the car were banging on the windows to attract the attention of passing teenagers, shouting "Mitte, mitte, Ruisu-sensei!!!" ("Look, look, it's Lewis!!!").

Then we got stuck again at the bottom.

After more shovelling, he decided to try the OTHER road to the school. The one that gets ploughed every day. And which doesn't go up the side of a cliff. Needless to say, we made it to the school with no problems after that.

And that's how a five minute walk to school turns into a half hour comedy journey.

No comments: