08 December 2004

New technical wonders

I've had a bit of a dull afternoon (I've been marking exam essays entitled "My Favorite Animals"), so I thought I'd have a bit of a fiddle around with my website. I just found out how to put a counter on the site, and if you look on the left hand side of the page and scroll down a bit you should be able to see an icon that says "Site meter"(it's just under the icon that says "I Power Blogger"). Click on this and you should be able to read how many people have accessed the website.

It took me all afternoon to work out how to put that little thing there, so you'd damn well better use it, that's all I can say.

Love from your non-technical friend, Lewis.

3 comments:

The Funky Drummer said...

Lewis - how do you get the counter up and running? Spread the knowledge.

Lewis said...

It was actually pretty easy to sort out the site counter, but the internet went down as I was doing it, which caused all sorts of problems. There are several sites you can use (go to blogger help and look for "counters" to see a list of the other sites). The one I picked was www.sitemeter.com. Go to the site and register. An email will be sent to you with detailed instructions of what to do next - the site actually does everything for you, which is cool. However, when the meter first appeared it was right down at the bottom of the page, so to move it to the top of the page I had to cut out the html text from my blogger template and paste it further up - just below the html text about the "I Power Blogger" thing. Good luck!

Lewis said...

I've changed the counter site now, so hopefully this one will work a bit better...