20 June 2005

Beach Life

The summer has definitely arrived. Yesterday we had a beach party for
Ryan (first year American ALT) near Tsuruga in Southern Fukui (Happy
Birthday Ryan!!). I don't often make the trip down south, but I intend
to do so more often from now - I'm really developing a taste for beach
life. Whereas Northern Fukui is all urban sprawl and rice fields,
Southern Fukui is all beaches and mountains, and the atmosphere down
there is all the more relaxed for it.

The weather was beautiful yesterday - although it was cloudy, the
temperature was still hovering around the 30 degree mark, and the sea
temperature was perfect. In fact, the whole day was perfect - lovely
barbecued food, a big game of beach ultimate frisbee, hitting a
watermelon with a stick (see below), playing Oasis on an acoustic
guitar (sorry Pete, I'll learn some Megadeath for next time),
volleyball by the sea, listening to reggae as the sun went down...

It was so good in fact, that I've decided at least part of every
weekend from now on should be spent at a beach. Anyone fancy joining
me?

1 comment:

Phoenix said...

I agree, this is definitely beach weather.

If I didn't have Ryoga's sense of direction, I'd be there.