17 April 2006

Hold on, what?

I just had to post a picture of this new gym in Fukui - I almost did a double-take when I saw the sign. Why does no-one bother to check these things before they paint them onto 20 feet high billboards? Craziness.

I saw another one yesterday - I drove by a pachinko parlour in Sabae called Phoenix. The only trouble was the gigantic neon sign on the side of the building didn't say "Phoenix", it said "Pheonix". You'd think there was a dictionary shortage in Japan or something. 

Here you can see the outside of a newly-opened gym in Fukui city: the enormous sign atop the building says "Holiday Sports Club". But hold on, there's something written on that girl's T-shirt... I wonder what it says? Let's go in for a closer look...
"The Girl Is Frisking On The Beach". Huh.

1 comment:

Phoenix said...

The only trouble was the gigantic neon sign on the side of the building didn't say "Phoenix", it said "Pheonix".

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

When I was in Sapporo for the snow festival, there were a number of phoenix ice sculptures. Not a SINGLE ONE spelled 'phoenix' correctly.

*Sigh.*