28 February 2005

Snatched by vanity

I finally did it - I googled my own name.

According to Google, I'm the only Lewis Packwood in existence, but interestingly there's a town called Packwood in Lewis county, which is in Washingston state, USA.
Welcome to Packwood
As far as I can tell, it's a struggling lumber town with a high unemployment rate, but the countryside around it looks stunning. There's even a Packwood Lake.
Packwood town
It's smack in the middle of Bigfoot country too - apparently he's quite a regular in these parts according to the Big Foot Field Researchers Organisation.

Maybe I should go and live in Packwood. Perhaps they'll adopt me as their king, and I can while away my days chopping down trees and playing whist with Bigfoot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is like an hour from my house! Therefore I can assure you that Bigfoot does in fact frequent the region. I've got excellent connections, so if you'd ever like to visit Bigfoot's hometown and your namesake, gimme a call.

Lewis said...

Wow, really Caitlin?! That's so cool! I may have to take you up on that offer... It looks like a really beautiful part of America.

Anonymous said...

I think this comes under the heading of serendipity. Dad
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=serendipity