10 November 2004

Oh, the things I've seen...

Almost everyday since I've been living in Japan I see something that makes me do a double take. Usually these moments revolve around a piece of incomprehensible Japanese Engrish, like the T-shirt I bought the other day which reads "Yesterday never comes. Go round and round. Everything is full of life and joy". What?

Anyway, here are some photos of the best bits of Engrish I've seen so far. 

"Welcome here! Let's enjoy refresh time". Seen on a coffee vending machine in Fukui city.
"My Idol Dog" and "Dog Fan" magazines.

"Deep-flied Chicken a la japanese". Seen in a hotel in Tokyo.

Happy! Holloween. Self-explanatory really. Seen in Berry's restaurant in Fukui city.

I don't know if you can see, but this make of car is called "Toppo BJ". The "Love Boat" sticker is the driver's own.

"Mosh Pit on Disney". This is a capsule vending machine I found in Esca Mall in Takefu. I have absolutely no idea why it's Mosh Pit Disney - does anyone else have any ideas?

No comments: