16 May 2006

Slices of life

Hello all, just thought I'd post up a few random photos of bits of Engrish and so forth. Sorry I haven't been posting much recently - I've been bogged down with editing JETfuel . It's our last issue, and we're trying to go out with a bang by making it 100 pages... which basically means I've been staring at a computer screen for 12 hours a day, in between sending begging emails for articles. Still, it's looking pretty good so far.

I've got some cracking pics from our camping trip to Ishikawa - I really want to post them, but I just don't have the time to sit down and write anything about them right now, so they'll have to wait for next week! Until then, sayonara.

Yours eyestrainedly, Lewis.

"Fuck'n Roll ROCK" - spotted on a T-shirt in my local supermarket. George At Asda eat your heart out.
I vaguely remember that this Engrish was on a bottle of vodka... Actually, the fact that I have difficulty recalling where I saw it is probably a good indicator that it definitely was on a bottle of vodka.
I've finally found Shaun of the Dead (Japan title: "Shoun obu ze Dedo") on DVD in Japan! Hurrah! I've really wanted to see this again ever since I've been in Japan. Best rom/com/zom flick ever.
I love this poster. The translation reads: "DANGER! Your electric guitar playing teenage son may be so awesome at throwing down wailing solos that he could spontaneously catch fire. Keep a fire extinguisher handy at all times." Well, maybe that's what it says.
'Cos if you f**k with the fist... YOU GET THE KNUCKLE!!! (Fukui in-joke)

1 comment:

Chris C said...

100 PAGES? Crikey! Your lot are keen! Or not, depending on how many requests you've had to send... I won't miss that feeling myself!

10 weeks to go...